Apex II Office Tools Wizard is a Wizard driven utility for Apex II
Apex Office Tools Wizard creates a custom template used to convert data
gathered from an Apex II Portable Data Collection Terminal (PDT) for
import into either Microsoft Access 97© (.mdb) or Microsoft Excel© (.xls)
The Wizard uses a previously saved template file (.atx) or creates a new
template for gathering and converting data collected with the Apex II PDT.
The user is guided through a series of prompts and dialogs that will
assist in translating the data into the desired format.
The Wizard imports data from a fixed length ASCII file format into a
user defined file format.
- The user simply specifies the file to import and the structure of
- The user is then given the option of selecting a PC text file, a
Program Generator MAP file or the user can define a unique file
- Specific data fields can be retrieved by simply selecting the
beginning and ending positions of each imported field.
- Field type can also be selected.
- The user then assigns a unique name for each data field imported.